Menu

the food museum

exploring and celebrating food

Church Acreage Once Provided People Actual Food

April 25, 2013

Trinity Church, in lower Manhattan, first established in 1697, now calls its 1846 building home. According to a story in the NYTimes, "The Episcopal parish, known as Trinity Wall Street, traces its holdings to a gift of 215 acres of prime Manhattan farmland donated in 1705 by Queen Anne of England. Since then, the church has parlayed that gift into a rich portfolio of office buildings, stock investments and, soon, mixed-use residential development."

Some Trinity-types today are wondering if perhaps they should be sharing the wealth a tad more, apparently.

 

 

Go Back

Comment